Tuesday, February 2, 2016

5th CW QRP QSO



*

Tonight's QSO was easily the easiest CW to copy (mostly due to excellent signal strength) that I've experienced yet as a ham. It was also the first time that I'd ever heard someone calling my callsign on the air when I wasn't expecting it. That was fun to hear! My radio's battery cut out during my initial response, so I had to quickly fumble around to get the AC/DC power supply up and running. Many thanks go out to Larry in Ohio for waiting around for me to get back on the air, and then for being patient with my QRS/QRP CW as well.

Greeley, CO to Wapakoneta, OH



Date/Time: 02 FEB 2016 / 0418hrs UTC
Dist: Approx 1076 miles - Pwr < 5w
Dist Per Watt > 218 miles per watt

Rig: KD1JV Tri-Bander
Ant. 40m Wire Dipole
Freq: 7.053 MHz 


***

No comments: